Curious why your dog has been following you around all week, staring imploringly into your eyes? It’s because she heard about this year’s Canine Camp. To a dog, Canine Camp is heaven on earth. It’s pretty great for us humans, too.
Every year, the Canine Center packs up its entire facility, trainers included, and ships out to the beautiful Texas Hill Country for an amazing weekend with clients and dogs. We rent out Lazy Hills Retreat and Conference Center, a 725+ acre renovated Texas “Dude Ranch” outside of Ingram, Texas and have the entire property to ourselves.
Activities start around 11 AM on Friday, and ends with a closing lunch and additional training activities on Sunday. In between, participants have their choice of over 40 classes per day. Of course, scheduling is flexible, and there’s always time for guests and their dogs to slip away for some solitude in the fresh, Hill Country air. Evening activities include a poolside chat with one of our Behavior Consultants and a grand Texas cookout under a stand of majestic Live Oaks.
As soon as you check into your room, you will want to walk the grounds, and take in the gorgeous vistas, the private swimming hole with kayaks, a water trampoline and zipline, and the hiking trails. Start to plan out your classes during our welcome lunch with new friends, many who have attended in the past and can show you the ropes!
As you’ve come to expect from the Canine Center, class sizes are small (no more than six dogs per trainer) and offer just about anything you can imagine from Basic Obedience to Canine Good Citizen, from Agility to Nosework, from Hiking to Dog Powered Sports, and everything in between. Canine Camp is the perfect opportunity to strengthen your bond with your dog, try a few new activities, and get to know your fellow Austin dog lovers.
Meals are professionally catered and will be diverse, and nutritious offerings. Guest quarters are quaint and charming, reminiscent of the original 1940′s feel, but upgraded with modern conveniences. Single rooms are limited and available on a first come, first served basis. If you don’t have someone to room with, we can set you up with a good match.
A sample day may include:
7:45 – 8:45 – Breakfast
9:15 – 10:30 – Intro to Agility
11:00 – 12:15 – Air Scenting
12:30 – 1:30 – Lunch
1:45 – 3:00 – Intro to Rally
3:00 – 4:00 – Break (Zip Line, Swim with Dogs, Kayak with Dogs)
4:15 – 5:30 – Hike with Dogs
5:45 – 7:00 – Nosework
7:15 – TBD – Cook out at Cowboy Camp
Some great benefits of Camp:
For Your Dog:
• High Trainer to Participant/Dog Ratio (approximately 1:6 or better)
• Professional Trainers/Behavior Consultants w/50+ years of experience working with dogs
• Training Philosophy is based on rewards and play
• Huge selection of classes and seminars to choose from: Basic Obedience, Home Manners and Social Etiquette, Canine Sports, Companionship Sports, Fieldwork, Sporting(Gun) Dog Work, Canine Good Citizen and Therapy Dog work, Canine Wellness, Nutrition and Massage, and much more!!
• Fun and games for you and your dog!
• 725-Acre Private Guest Ranch with rural charm, private lodging and modern amenities
• Healthy and fresh gourmet meals prepared by a professional chef
• Non-Dog activities include: Jr. Olympic pool, hot tub, game room, mini-golf, paddle boats, kayaks and canoes, rope swing, zip line, hiking trails, skeet, fishing and much more
• A quiet and relaxing weekend with your dog, free from distractions of everyday life. Even if you have never trained with your dog, this will make up for it and will give you a great foundation and you will learn how much fun your dog really is! There is nothing better than seeing your dog smile!
Pricing: Early bird pricing available!
*early bird pricing ends Jan 31, 2020 and cannot be combined with Member discounts.